A Must See Coming of Prophet Muhammad (s) Prophecies In The Bible
Muhammad (s) That Prophet
Moses and Isaiah Prophesied
the coming of Jesus – (Last updated January 16, 2000)
DID ISAIAH AND JESUS PROPHESY THE
COMING OF MUHAMMAD?
(peace be upon the prophets)
JESUS WAS A PROPHET AND
ALSO A PARACLETE SAYS THE BIBLE..
A Christian who has studied the Bible would be proud to admit that the prophecy made by prophet Moses for the coming of “a Prophet like me” (Deut. 18:15) undoubtedly refers to the coming of Jesus Christ. Jesus himself had acknowledged this to be the fact when he said to the enquiring Jews; “Moses wrote of me.” (John 5:46). The learned Christians have no problem in admitting the fact that Jesus was “a prophet like his predecessor Moses”. Those who deny Jesus was a “Messenger like Moses” are either ignorant of their own Scripture or living in false pride.
In his First Epistle quoted below, apostle John records in explicit language that Jesus Christ the righteous was “a Paraclete”.
- “My little children, I am writing these things to you that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have a Paracletewith the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.” 1 John. 2:1
Apostle John has also recorded in his Gospel, see the text below, that this righteous Jesus Christ (the Paraclete), will pray to God after his departure, and God will give us “another Paraclete”.
“And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you into the age (to come).” John 14:16
The Bible scholars and the evangelic Christians who, after reading these two explicit verses enter into a debate with the Muslim Scholars and INSIST that the PARACLETE is (was) the HOLY SPIRIT, and is (was) NOT the MALE FIGURE that could see, hear and speak like a man; are simply advocating and contesting that the Apostle who had lived with Jesus (is) was TOTALLY MISTAKEN. He made an ERROR in identifying the PARACLETE to be Jesus. In other words, Muslims should REJECT the EPISTLE of John and ACCEPT their opinions to be the UNQUESTIONABLE TRUTH. Would it not be a better idea that they all should send a petition to the editors of the New Testament and see that this erroneous verse 1 Jn. 2:1 is expunged from the Bible!Note:
We often read the above verse 14:16 ending; “for ever”. The fact of the matter is; “into the age” is the literal translation of the original Greek phrase; ‘eis ton aiona’.
In the next verse 14:17, John also records, this “another Paraclete” is the “Spirit of Truth” (NOT the Holy Spirit).
A MALE SALVIFIC FIGURE LIKE JESUS
The passage quoted below from the world renowned and distinguished Anchor Bible confirms that the original concept among the noted Christian scholars and populace, for the Paraclete was for a male salvific figure, but that concept was later confused with the “Holy Spirit”.
- “The word parakletos is peculiar in the NT to the Johnannine literature. In 1 John ii 1 Jesus is a parakletos (not a title), serving as a heavenly intercessor with the Father. …Christian tradition has identified this figure (Paraclete) as the Holy Spirit, but scholars like Spitta, Delafosse, Windisch, Sasse, Bultmann and Betz have doubted whether this identification is true to the original picture and have suggested that the Paraclete was once an independent salvific figure, later confused with the Holy Spirit.” (page 1135).
Criticism and Response: A well known Christian critic, Jochen Katz, has been complaining on his web site “Answering Islam” that I have ignored his remarks; that my introductory note to the above quoted passage from the Anchor Bible gives a false impression that it’s author is in agreement with the quoted passage. Since his accusations were based upon a false statement, I did not feel it necessary to respond. Unfortunately, he has made my silence an “Issue of my Integrity”.To mislead his readers, the critic had in one of his remarks, intentionally deleted the opening words from the above passage.
I have re-printed below the deleted words in Red Types;
“The passage quoted below from the world renowned
and distinguished Anchor Bible confirms”.
What I had mentioned was that the quoted passage confirms what has been suggested, based upon the suggestions made in the past by the individuals mentioned in the quoted passage. There was no mention of the “author” of the quoted book, to begin with.
THE NEGATION OF “HOLY SPIRIT”
The concept that the Paraclete (comforter, advocate) is the “Holy Spirit” is unequivocally negated by the following verse:
- “But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I goaway; for if I do not go away, the Paraclete shall not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.” John 16:7
This verse clearly indicates that the coming of the Paraclete was subject to the departure of Jesus. His departure from this world was a *pre-condition* for the arrival of the Paraclete. We know that the “Holy Spirit” was already present during and before the ministry of Jesus. The Holy Spirit was in existence since the day of the Creation and was hovering upon the surface of the earth (Gen. 1:2). It was also present with the prophets of the Old Testament. The “Holy Spirit” was present “like a dove” at River Jordan when Christ was being Baptized. (Mt. 3:16). Since there is and was only ONE “Holy Spirit”, Jesus would be totally mistaken in saying that the HOLY SPIRIT would NOT come not UNLESS he departs. Did not Jesus see the dove that alighted upon him? OR, Jesus did NOT know that the “dove” was the Holy Spirit? Jesus was a RIGHTEOUS Paraclete. When he said; Another Paraclete will come only after my departure, he meant that this Paraclete is not yet here, but will be born after I depart.
“HE” NOT “IT”
- “When the Paraclete comes, whom I will send to you from theFather, that is the Spirit of Truth, who proceeds from theFather, he will bear witness of me.” John 15:26
This verse further clears the confusion, if there is any. Here the Paraclete is called the “Spirit of Truth” and not the “Holy Spirit”. These are two separate terms and two independent entities. The first entity takes the pronoun “he” being a male figure. Whereas, the second one takes the pronoun “it”. The Greek word ‘pneu’ma’ (spirit), is of neutral gender and takes the pronoun “it”. Whereas, in almost all the verses referring to Paraclete quoted below, the pronoun used is “he”.
- “But the Paraclete, the Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to yourremembrance all that I said to you.” John 14:26
1. In the older MS, Codex Syriacus discovered in 1812 on Mount Sinai by Mrs. Agnes S. Lewis (and Mrs. Bensley), the text of John 14:26 reads; “Paraclete, the Spirit”; and not “Paraclete, the Holy Spirit”. “The Spirit” is a reference to “the Spirit of Truth” as in 15:26. 2. In 1 John 4:6, the terms “the spirit of truth” and “the spirit of error” are used for the human beings.
3. History records that prophet Muhammad was known for his Truth and Honesty, long before he received the Divine Revelations.
WHAT WILL “HE” DO?
Jesus Christ did indicate that the Paraclete will do certain things in his time. Let us examine if “he”, Prophet Muhammad, did those things.1. “But when he, the Spirit of Truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own initiative, but whatever he hears, he will speak…” Jn. 16:13
Note: The Qur’an is a compilation of the “Divine Revelations” that were received by Prophet Muhammad, over a period of 23 years, through the arch angel Gabriel. The Prophet used to recite whatever he used to hear. His companions used to write down whatever he recited. The Qur’an does not contain the writings or teachings of Prophet Muhammad, as often mentioned by some misinformed authors.
2. “He shall glorify me.” John 16:14
Note: The Qur’an glorifies the birth of Jesus through Virgin Mary. It confirms; Jesus was a Messiah, a Messenger of God, the Spirit from God, the Word of God and the Righteous Prophet.
3. “He shall take mine and shall disclose it to you.” John. 16:14
Note: Prophet Muhammad did declare himself a Messenger/Prophet of God like Abraham, Moses and Jesus.
4. “He will teach you all things.” John 14:26
Note: The Qur’an teaches a way of life. It guides mankind, how to live a pious life socially, politically and spiritually.
5. “He will bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.” John. 14:26
Note: The Qur’an speaks about the teachings of Jesus and even quotes him.
6. “He will bear witness of me” John 15:26
Note: The Qur’an attests the miracles performed by Jesus the Messiah. It also mentions one astonishing miracle performed by Jesus that the Gospel writers have not recorded (V:110). The Qur’an acknowledges that these miracles and signs were performed with the leave of Allah, by His righteous Servant and Messiah Jesus. The same is also attested in the Book of Acts 2:22; 3:13 (NASB).
A PROPHET IN THE LAND OF KEDAR
Prophet Isaiah is considered to be one of the major prophets of the Old Testament. In the Book of Isaiah there are several prophecies about the coming of the Messiah. In chapter 42, Isaiah begins with a prophecy for the coming of prophet Jesus. After verse number nine, God declares through Isaiah, the “new things” that are to “spring forth” in the
Land of Kedar.
In the Bible there is only one personality called Kedar. He was the grandson of prophet Abraham, through his son Ishmael (see Gen. 25:13). Kedar’s descendants had settled in Paran (Syno-Arabian dessert). In the Rabbinic literature Arabia is called the “Land of Kedar”. Prophet Muhammad was a descendant of Kedar.
God declares through Prophet Isaiah;
- “Behold, the former things are come to pass, and the newthings do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them. `Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise from theend of the earth’. Let the wilderness and the cities thereoflift up their voices, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from thetop of the mountains. Let them give glory unto the Lord, anddeclare His praise in the inlands.” Isaiah Chapter 42, Verses 9-12.
God did reveal in the Land of Kedar, through prophet Muhammad – a direct descendant of Kedar, a “New Song” – The Qur’an (Koran). This happens to be the only Scripture to be revealed in the language of the Kedarites. The verses of the Qur’an are recited like a poem. Nearly 1.2 billion Muslims, residing all over the world, recite this “new song” and Glorify Allah, in their daily prayers, five times in a day. The initial Revelation came to prophet Muhammad in a cave of Mount Hira near the city of Mecca. There are several mountains near Mecca. During the annual Islamic Pilgrimage called “Hajj”, Muslims from all over the world, assemble in Mecca and shout Glory to the Lord from the top of Mount Arafat. The pilgrims continuously give Glory to Allah on their ways, to and from Mecca.
THE LORD SHALL GO AS “A MIGHTY MAN OF WAR”
- “The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir upjealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shallprevail against his enemies.” Isaiah 42:13
In the Old Testament, the God often speaks “I” will do this, or “I” have done this; whereas, He has chosen human beings to do these jobs on His behalf. (e.g. Deut. 32:39ff and 2 Samuel 12:12).Note: Critic Jochen Katz has ignored the above paragraph while making his remarks.
Prophet Muhammad did go forth as “a mighty man of war” against the Pagan Arabs, the enemies of The Lord. He did stir up jealousy among the most influential and dominating Pagan tribe in Arabia. With a war cry and roar of “Allahu Akbar” (“The God is the Greatest”), the Prophet of Islam did prevail upon the enemies of Lord – the idolaters. No doubt, the Islam was spread with a “war cry”, but that was not a cry of a man seeking the personal power. It was a cry of the Lord, who no longer wanted to hold HIS PEACE against HIS ENEMIES. After the victory, Allah bestowed HIS FAVOR upon mankind and gave the Message of “TRUE PEACE” – The Islam. Once a person whole heartedly submit himself or herself to Allah (become a Muslim), the “True Peace” from Allah is bound to enter his or her body, mind and soul. The relationship of that individual with Allah is now direct, having no Church or Papal Authority acting as a vicar or an intermediary.
- “I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, andrefrained myself, now will I cry like a travailing woman; Iwill destroy and devour at once.” Verse 14.
The prophets that came before Muhammad had all tried with peaceful missions. But, the concept of sharing God’s Glory continued to surface again and again, in one way or other. It was with the war cry, through the descendants of Kedar (Arabs), these sinful practices were destroyed and devoured, inside and outside of Arabia. The spread of Islam was swift, wide spread and at once.
ISLAM TURNS THE DARKNESS INTO LIGHT
- “And I will bring the blind by a way they knew not; I willlead them in paths that they have not known; I will makedarkness light before them, and crooked things straight. Thesethings I will do unto them, and not forsake them.” Isaiah Chapter 42, Verse 16.
It is an undeniable fact that before the advent of Islam, the pagan Arabs were like the blinds. Their religious and social concepts were crooked. The revelation of this “new song” brought them out of that darkness. Earlier, God had not sent any prophet to these people. By sending Muhammad, God fulfilled His above promise and also the following promise to Abraham;
- “And *also* of the son of the bondwoman I will make a nation, because he is thy seed.” Genesis 21:13.
Please note the word “also” in above promise. The nations of Judaism and Christianity came out from the descendants of Abraham and Sarah. The nation of Islam came out from the descendants of Abraham and Hagar. Judaism, Christianity and Islam are three children of Abraham by God’s Covenants with Abraham.
- “They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images; they say to the molten images, ‘Ye are our gods.'” Isaiah 42 Verse 17.
History records that Prophet Muhammad did put the pagan idolaters to great shame when he demolished before them, their 365 idols that were installed in Ka’bah (Mecca), the most respected place of pilgrimage in the whole of Arabia. Today, Ka’bah is the Grand Mosque of Islam. Muslims from all over the world face towards Ka’bah while reciting their daily ritual prayers.